Sartorially speaking, there is perhaps no better feeling than slipping into a favorite worn-in tee at the end of a long workday.
While today’s days (and weeks) may feel drastically different than their pre-quarantine predecessors, the term, ‘off-duty’ certainly has weight for those aiming to mentally separate work and play.
If you’re like me, then you’ve by all accounts pared down your wardrobe to consist of a few key ‘stay-at-home’ staples: leggings, pullovers, soft tees, and the like. And for those ever-important Zoom meetings, and the occasional interview, we can always rely on smart-casual pieces for extra polish.
But by and large, as of late, casual wear continues to reign supreme as we find ourselves spending more time at home. When it comes to refreshing a more simplified wardrobe, particularly for casual wear, you can’t go wrong with a thoughtfully designed linen button-up, or a statement-worthy tee, equally rich in function and in chic style. And, with small businesses in need now more than ever, what better way to find that unique quality than with a chic design from an up-and-coming designer? Here, 7 shirt styles you can shop to support small business, and find your new favorite off-duty look, to boot.
1. ‘The Baja’ in Cream/Navy by Kule ($78)
2. ‘Eileen Linen’ in Washed Red Stripe by Frank & Eileen ($228)
3. ‘NY Amp It Up’ Crop Tee by Alo Yoga ($44)
4. ‘Blake Mock Neck Sweatshirt’ in Island Tie Dye by Spiritual Gangster ($138)
5. ‘Linen – Sky Blue and White Stripe’ by With Nothing Underneath ($103)
6. ‘Blondie Call Me Weekend Tee’ in Cotton Candy by Daydreamer ($74)
7. ‘Waves’ Pocket Tee in Vintage Black by Sol Angeles ($68)
Our Sunday Best Weekly
Join our community today for special conversations, smart style guides, discerning trend reports (and more)—brought to you only when it matters the most (we don’t spam, promise).